Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Contributions to the Blind Melon World Literature Class

Each person in the class has something to offer that enhances everyone's learning experience. I believe what I have to offer is attentiveness, and a positive attitude. I listen to what others have to say and offer to each discussion we have in class, making sure I do not interrupt. I absorb the differing opinions I hear, which allows me to understand the topics better after listening to each person's input. By staying attentive, I am able to remain focused on the topic at hand and know when to add my own opinions at the appropriate times in discussions when necessary. In addition, my positive attitude allows me to stay open to what others have to say and not let it bring me down if it happens to be constructive criticism. A positive attitude can lighten the mood in the room and bring smiles to others' faces. I believe my contributions, though more subtle than other students' contributions, assist in the learning process in some way for my fellow classmates as well as myself.

2 comments:

  1. This is true. But here I am looking at what may be the wildest blog design of all the class, and I wonder what else does "the Amanda Show" offer. There is much more here than meets the "ear"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your quiet presence in the class. And now that you mention it, you do tend to keep a smile on your face! I also appreciate your listening skills. When you do speak up, though, it is very constructive to the class. I think it should happen more often.

    ReplyDelete