Friday, November 19, 2010

Stressful Days

As Thanksgiving nears, my work load grows larger.  I have aquired a lot of work as the days until break dwindle.  I have had many tests, quizzes, and assignments to complete.  I have been stressed out trying to make sure I turn in all my assignments, make time to study, and get enough sleep to function.  I have even more school stress to look forward to on Monday.  The magazine drive has not helped either because the teachers keep nagging the students to sell magazines.  I already sold six magazines, so I have completed my contribution to the sales for school.  Hopefully we are able to reach our goal so we may have the Monday after Thanksgiving off from school.  There is just too much happening at the moment that I hardly have time to myself.  This weekend I have soccer tournaments, studying, and the Blue/Gold Thanksgiving dinner.  I have also recently started tutoring a student, which gives me hours for NHS while I assist her.  On top of everything I have already stated, I have college applications to finish.  I cannot believe how quickly the days are passing.  Hopefully things will settle down enough after break for me to breathe a little easier.  However, I do have an aquinas project to present after break, so I may not have much time to relax.  Eventually I will have the time to relax, but until then I shall continue working hard while trying to keep my stress levels down.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda I feel for you. It has been exceedingly rough, teachers honestly do not know how much stress this season brings seniors. Searching for the right college and getting our real lives on the move is very stressful. On top of these enigmas, school is making life unbearable. Just breath and imagine the summer to come with no hassles or problems. Hopefully school will begin to lose its intensity after break. You could also take your dose of senioritis a little early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to take things one step at a time! You obviously can't get everything done at once, so thinking about them all as one big cloud of doom is not going to get it done faster. Also, each of those things (except maybe the tests) has the potential to be fun, so if you remember that they were your choices and they're ultimately good things, then you will be more willing to do them and you'll find that you have more energy. Smile, it's the holidays!

    ReplyDelete